這食譜需要的材料也太豐富了些 ，手邊沒有多數材料的我至少會放入 香菇，蔥，紅蘿蔔以提供必要的顏色及風味。
Colorful peppers, carrots and green onions add bright flavors to this miso soup. Earthy shiitake mushrooms and fragrant lemongrass provide the background aromas. Serve soup over cooked brown rice, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon unrefined (not toasted) sesame oil or canola oil
- 1/3 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 (12-inch) length of lemongrass
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 5 green onions, white and light green parts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 handful cilantro or flat parsley leaves
Heat a large saucepot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and soy sauce and toss to coat. Cook, stirring once or twice, until mushrooms are browned on edges, about 5 minutes. Bruise stalk of lemongrass with the back of a knife to release the flavorful volatile oils and cut it into 3 pieces. Add lemongrass to pot.
Pour in vegetable broth and increase heat to medium high, scraping bottom of pan to release any browned bits. Stir in green onion, carrot, red pepper and tofu. Bring to a boil and reduce to a brisk simmer for 5 minutes. When vegetables are tender, remove from heat. Remove lemongrass from pot and discard. Put miso paste in a small bowl and add a tablespoon or two of hot broth from the pot. Stir to dissolve miso. Stir dissolved miso into pot. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro or parsley.